Top row (l-r): Justin Leader, Penny Patterson-Smith, Barb Bowker, Leslie Meck, Shelly Matter, Vicki Kann and David Pedersen Bottom row (l-r): Amanda Lavis, Esq., Dr. Karen Scolforo, Jennifer Will, Esq. and Patty Sibbach Photo by Paul Vasiliades
Photography by Paul Vasiliades
Go Red for Women is the American Heart Association’s (AHA) solution to saving women’s lives. Too many women die each year because they are unaware that heart disease is the No. 1 killer. More women die each year of heart disease than all cancers combined. The Go Red for Women campaign challenges women to know their risk for heart disease, take action to reduce their risk and to use AHA tools to lead heart-healthy lives.
In addition to Go Red for Women, there is also Men Go Red for Women (a group of men who are rallying their resources to fight heart disease and standing behind the women they care about) and Circle of Red (a passionate group of women dedicated to making an impact in the community’s fight against heart disease).
Men Go Red for Women and Circle of Red members donate a minimum personal gift of $1,000 annually to support the Go Red for Women movement and serve as ambassadors for the cause. Members also attend exclusive gatherings to hear firsthand what their dollars are doing to make a difference.
Current members of the campaigns gathered to SHARE the reasons why they support the cause of fighting heart disease.
• Sheilah Borne, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center – "Awareness is why."
• Barb Bowker, PSECU – "My family is why."
• Nancy Cerveny – "The women in my family."
• Kim Cole, The Sales Zone – "My family, clients and coworkers are why."
• Jeanette Diamond, Dickinson College – "Life is why."
• Patricia Husic, Centric Bank – "My mother is why."
• Vicki Kann, H.B. McClure – "My dad is why."
• Amanda Lavis, Rhoads & Sinon LLP – "I am why."
• Justin Leader, Benefit Design Specialists, Inc – "The people I love are why."
• Dr. Brian Lorei, Apicella-Lorei Orthodontics – "Strength in numbers is why."
• Dr. Sarah Lorei, Millennium Way Dental Studio – "My patients are why."
• Shelly Matter, H.B. McClure – "Family is why."
• Leslie Meck, Centric Bank – "My daughters are why."
• George Nahodil, Members 1st Federal Credit Union – "My dad is why."
• Nicki Overholt – "Stroke awareness and family are why."
• Lisa Papa, 13 Innovation Way – "My family is why."
• William Papa, The Hershey Company – "My mother-in-law is why."
• Penny Patterson-Smith, Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa – "Griffin, Tyler and Andy are why."
• David Pedersen, Department of the Navy – "Family is why."
• Leigh-Ann Reitze, PinnacleHealth System – "My father is why."
• Jeremy Sauvé, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co – "Family is why."
• Patty Sibbach, Precision Training Concepts – "Family preservation is why."
• Michele Sinadinos, TE Connectivity – "My dad and my family are why."
• Dr. Karen Scolforo, Central Penn College – My children are why."
• Hope Stuart, Evolution Catering LLC – "Brock and my dad are why."
• Maureen Weigl, Pennsylvania Army National Guard – "Being active is why."
• Jennifer Will, McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC – "My daughter is why."
• Jillian Williams, Bevrore – "Vaughn is why."
• Steven M. Williams, Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC – "My family is why."