Irv’s Pub is the newest sister restaurant in the family of Hershey Pantry and Desserts Etc. They recently opened their doors to those who are ready to try food and drinks that go beyond the average pub selections.
Executive Chef Larry Nauman explains that they became aware of the area’s need for something else in the restaurant market. Their goal is to bridge the gap between a high-end establishment and a local sports bar.
“[We are] taking proper techniques and taking people’s ideas of what bar and pub food is, then making a better and more unique version of it across the whole drink and food menu” says Nauman.
Stop by to experience their modern dining area, where guests can taste classic meals that have been taken to the next level and relax at the rustic bar area that has a wide variety of craft beers, wines and artisan cocktails.
Top 3 Entrées
1. Salmon Pastrami Reuben with witbier braised sauerkraut, Russian dressing, gruyere and marble rye
2. Hanger Steak and Fries with porcini dry rub, whisky-braised shallots and bone marrow béarnaise
3. Kale and Burrata Salad with pickled beets, blood orange, toasted pistachios and honey vinaigrette
Top 3 Desserts
1. Chocolate Stout Brownie with espresso creme anglaise and malted milk ball gelato
2. Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake with coconut cornbread and white chocolate mousse
3. Red Velvet Lava Cake with cream cheese ice cream and candied pecans
Top 3 Cocktails
1. Mommy’s Medicine: vanilla-pineapple infused tequila, Cointreau orange and house sours
2. Donkey Show: blood orange, Patron Citronge, fresh lime and ginger beer, served in a copper cup
3. Hawaiian Mojito: Don-Q Crystal Rum, blood orange, pomegranate, fresh lime and mint
Irv’s Pub (814 E. Chocolate Ave., Hershey) is open Tuesday through Saturday 4 p.m. to midnight and Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call (717) 533-7507 or visit irvspub.com.